Snickerdoodle cobbler is loaded with cinnamon and creates its own caramel sauce while it bakes! It’s soft, sweet and so delicious. It makes the perfect fall dessert that all of your guests will be dying to try!
Who doesn’t love snickerdoodles? I love anything that even resembles the flavor and I make just about every recipe that I can to involve that delicious cinnamon flavor! Check out some more of my snickerdoodle recipes like these classic Snickerdoodles, these Snickerdoodle Bars, or these amazing Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles.
This dessert is so easy to make and kind of magical. Not to mention it is perfect for Fall baking! This is basically a cinnamon cake, but we’re going to layer things up with some melted butter, the cake batter, and then pour hot water over the whole thing. I know it sounds crazy, but just trust me on this! You will end up with a moist cinnamon cake that hides an indulgent caramel sauce underneath!
Magical right?? This cake did not last long in my house! The best is that caramel sauce that is hiding underneath. Make sure you spoon some out and drizzle it all over the cake. And of course the ice cream too. Because, of course, just like with any cobbler, it isn’t complete until you top it off with some vanilla ice cream. The combination of warm gooey snickerdoodle cobbler with the cold ice cream is definitely something you need to experience this Fall season!
Ingredients in Snickerdoodle Cobbler
These ingredients are so simple that you probably already have them in your kitchen! Expecially if you are a snickerdoodle lover like me! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour in this recipe.
- Baking Powder: This helps make the cobbler golden brown and soft.
- Salt: This enhances all of the ingredients in the recipe.
- Ground Cinnamon: This is the perfect ingredient for a fall treat!
- Light Brown Sugar: This adds in a deep, sweet flavor that complements the other ingredients.
- Whole Milk:I used whole milk but you can use any milk that you have on hand.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this snickerdoodle cobbler.
- Vanilla Extract: Add in a splash of vanilla to the overall flavor.
- Light Brown Sugar: This creates a delicious cruble for the top.
- Salt: The salt will bring out all of the flavors.
- Ground Cinnamon: The cinnamon in the topping complements the cinnamon in the cobbler!
- Hot Water: This helps the topping and the cobbler to cook together nice and evenly.
Instructions of How to Make Snickerdoodle Cobbler
This cobbler only takes a few minutes to whip up and the rest of the time is spent baking! It’s the perfect fall treat for any occasion including holidays! Top it with some delicious vanilla ice cream and your guests will go crazy over it!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, light brown sugar. Stir with a fork or whisk to mix.
- Add in Wet Ingredients: Pour in milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add to Pan: Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Make Topping: In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients: light brown sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix with fork until combined. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top of the cake batter.
- Add Water: Pour hot water over the entire cake, make sure you are covering the entire cake evenly.
- Bake: Bake for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
If you want to change things up with this snickerdoodle cobbler then you totally can! I make this so often that sometimes it’s nice to change it up a bit. Here are a few ideas for you!
- Add Nuts: After this comes out of the oven, I sometimes like to sprinkle on some nuts just to give it a little bit of texture or crunch. try some pecans, walnuts or sliced almonds!
- Serve it with Ice Cream: Nothing elevates a dessert more than adding in some ice cream. Serve it on top, right when this comes out of the oven and it will melt perfectly on the snickerdoodle cobbler.
- Fruit: Slice up some apples and add them to the batter before you cook it. Apples and cinnamon are a match made in heaven and it really makes this dessert unique and delicious!
How to Store Leftover Snickerdoodle Cobbler
This cobbler tastes so delicious, even a day or two later! Here are some instructions on how you can store it to keep it tasting fresh.
- In the Refrigerator: After your cobbler has cooled, then you can store it in an airtight container. Put it in your fridge, and it will last for about 3 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat it in the microwave on high for about 1-2 minutes or until warmed through. Add on a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and it will taste just as good as the day that you made it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, light brown sugar. Stir with a fork or whisk to mix.
- Pour in milk, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients: light brown sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon. Mix with fork until combined. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top of the cake batter.
- Pour hot water over the entire cake, make sure you are covering the entire cake evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream and enjoy!
Updated on October 10, 2022
Calories223kcal (11%)Carbohydrates48g (16%)Protein2g (4%)Fat3g (5%)Saturated Fat2g (10%)Cholesterol8mg (3%)Sodium211mg (9%)Potassium82mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar36g (40%)Vitamin A100IU (2%)Calcium52mg (5%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Denial of responsibility! Maryam’s Menu is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s food and drink media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – email@example.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.